GEORGIA – Cycling Tour
Come with us to the Caucasus Mountain, into the beautiful green valleys,
with views onto the glacier peaks, through the mountain passes and down
to the Black Sea.
25.9.- 6.10. 2020 possible departure
The dates can be also flexible on your request
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
This trip is for everyone who likes cycling, who likes to admire wild and clean nature, does not depend on luxury, enjoys a bit of romance places, gets to know lovely people and tastes good wine and home made food. The Georgians are very nice and welcoming people and it is a safe place to be. Georgia is a state on the border of Eastern Europe and Asia. It is a former Soviet republic bordering with Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia and Turkey. The country is characterized by rugged surface. The northern part is formed of the Greater Caucasus mountain range. High peaks reaching above 5000 meters. Through the mountain passes of the Caucasus are leading roads connecting the North Caucasus with the South Caucasus. The southern part of Georgia fills a volcanic plateau. The western part of depressions between the Small and the Large Caucasus falls to the Black Sea. The climate is warm, Greater Caucasus prevents cold air masses from the north. Soil cover, flora and fauna are due to its large vertical segmentation extremely colorful and rich. For this trip it is necessary to have a reliable mountain bike, a small luggage carrier or a backpack, good outdoor clothing for warm weather but also for the rain, a bike repair kit, spare tire and basic parts because it is impossible to buy anything on the way.
- Accommodation is in private houses, showers are available.
- Meals consists mainly from tasty vegetables, bread, butter, cheese and meat.
- Vegetarians are welcome and they will find nice meals in Georgia too.
- 8x accommodation
- 8x half board
- Profesional English, German, Slovak speaking Cycling guide on the entire trip
- Transfers in Gerogia
For this trip it is necessary to have a reliable mountain bike, a small luggage carrier or a backpack, good outdoor clothing for warm weather but also for the rain, a bike repair kit, spare tire and basic parts because it is impossible to buy anything on the way.
- Your personal insurance, ALPENVEREIN is highly recommended (we are happy to arrange it for you)
- return flight to and from Georgia, we are happy to book it for you
- Your equipment (can be also rented and we are happy to arrange it for you)
- Cost incurred from natural disaster or unfamiliar circumstances