ICELAND – Alpine Ski Touring
We have many years of experience with this country, we lived here for many years and accompanied people from all over the world …
Now we’d like to share these experiences with you.
Have you ever been skiing at the continual daylight of the Arctic sun?
Iceland brings unbelievable possibilities:
You will ski in the Arctic landscape from the peaks directly to the ocean and in the evening you will bathe in hot geothermal springs overlooking the northern lights glow! And on top of that we will serve fresh salmon ….
Next Trip 9.-16.3.2019
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Only with us you will experience such adventures in the arctic circle
Snow pearls a few miles below the arctic circle
Iceland is a world destination for skiing and cross-country skiing.
The center of activities is the Troll Peninsula in the north part of Iceland with vertical descents of up to 1500 m or nearly 5000 feet, thousands of peaks and slopes for all, demanding and less demanding skier, hundreds of uncovered fjords “at the end of the world” and it all becomes a paradise for skiers.
Photo by Andrejka Salonova
This season lasts from the end of February to the beginning of June, and with the continuous daylight of the Arctic sun and mild temperatures, the snow conditions remain favorable with granular snow and occasional powder snow sometimes until June.
The fact that the Troll Peninsula is surrounded by the Arctic Ocean brings unbelievable possibilities of skiing directly to the ocean on stable coastal snow, but at the same time it brings experience of arctic weather and conditions in the Arctic.
Iceland is a real destination for adventurous Skiers.
One of the most fascinating natural phenomena is the Northern Lights, occurring very often in this area during the winter months.
Photo by Kristján Pétur Vilhelmsson
Photo by Andrejka Saloňová
And finally: swimming in hot springs right next to the cold Arctic ocean
More pictures from our Icelandic Alpine Ski Touring adventure, which can be yours too !
We are now opening new dates for 2019, starting in February, book early, before it gets fully booked !
We will arrange the alpine ski trip so, that you do not have to worry about anything
- From the airport in Iceland, we take you to the north of Iceland and we will host you in a lovely cabin with a outdoor hot tube
- Every day we take care of the great Icelandic cuisine and your drinking regime (non alcoholic beverages)
- We will brief you in basic avalanche training and take care of your safety
- We will show you the best ski slopes of Iceland`s wild peaks and fjords
- In the evening we will serve you Icelandic specialities perhaps while you watch the Northern Lights
- And the next day we will repeat it all again for 6 days
- In the progreamme there is included: visit of the massive waterfalls, a visit to the local brewery and the beautiful town Akureyri
- Flight tickets to and from Iceland, but we are happy to arrange them for you
- Cost incurred from natural disaster or unfamiliar circumstances
- Your personal Insurance, ALPENVEREIN highly recommended, please arrange insurance that includes helicopter rescue (we are happy to arrange it for you)
- Your equipment (we are happy to rent it for you)